Dear Partners in Mission,
As most of you are aware, our country is in the midst of crisis, and Ohio is in a state of emergency due to the global pandemic, COVID-19 or Coronavirus. Our government has taken unprecedented action to protect our citizens from its spread. These measures have had, and will continue to have, an impact on the people with developmental disabilities that we serve, as well as on the way we are able to conduct business at Filling Homes.
This is a situation that is changing day by day and even hour by hour and so will our practices. Currently
we are taking direction from the County and State Health Departments and the CDC as we roll out our previously established Emergency Preparedness Plan to deal with a situation such as this. We receive daily updates and remain in contact with the mentioned agencies to ensure that timely action is taken to protect, to the best of our abilities, our residents, clients and staff.
In light of the most recent orders of the Governor of Ohio (Executive Order 2020-01D) Filling Homes has instituted the following changes:
- Closed to the Public- All Intermediate Care Facilities, which includes the Base Campus on Route 108, Napoleon; Cardinal Home in Bryan; and Egly Home in West Unity.
- No visitors will be accepted until April 6, 2020. This date is subject to change pending new orders.
- Closed to the Public- Pool and Gym at the Base Facility is closed to community members until April 6, 2020. This time frame is also subject to change.
- Paid memberships will be extended to account for any time of closure. • Pool and Gym rentals are on hold until at least April 6, 2020.
- Closed to the Public- Soaring Arts Studio store and community arts classes, community activities at Filling Homes Community Center (*services to clients will continue)
- Filling Homes’ website will be updated as needed. Please check back often.
If you have any general questions about the Coronavirus, please feel free to call the Ohio Department of Health Hotline: 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate these uncharted waters.
Carol Slight, Vice President